Sunday 13 January 2013

my week that was

7th Jan, 2013: Reached office at around 9:30 am. Our office is located right at the heart of Aizawl city and I love working there. i can see the tennis court, the road where the local farmers sell their products, capital complex, Zotlang etc. and it has a great view.
our office usually have a  devotion at 10:30 am to kick off the week. it is a great way to start every week and to let God guide us in all our work, and we take turns to do this! it was the first Monday of the year and i am so pumped for this year. as the words of our famous Barney Stinson (HIMYM), "it is going to be legendary".
but on the downside, my boss was landing in the afternoon on his chartered plane with his whole entourage because we had a public hearing the next day due to an intra-state trading license we applied for.
our boss reached and we had our usual long and winding meeting with him and the whole team until 8:30 pm, had some nice dinner from Curry Pot though and reached home around 9:30 pm. slept thoroughly and prayed that our session the next day will go smoothly.

8th Jan, 2013: i was a little tensed because that day was a very important day for our organization, but somehow i was consoled (by prayers). but by the time i got to the venue of the hearing and saw a lot of prominent people, i was shaking in my pants... but right before the session started, our boss came and sat, i was much calmer (he is like a God father or Santa Clause who knows how to calm me down). the session went on for 3 good hours and there were both rational and irrational questions about trading, electricity and privitisation of power (will let you know the details later, in the next blog perhaps). but all in all, it went really well by God's grace and by the end of the hearing, almost everyone was of the opinion that it is a good step forward for Mizoram to develop and become more efficient. it was a good day.

9th Jan, 2013: I got calls and texts right from morning from my colleagues and friends telling me that a particular print media had printed things which was untrue from the previous day's session (which really upset a lot of us). i wanted so stay calm and try to assess what will be the best way to go about it since we don't want to taint our organization's name and didn't want people to make an uninformed decision about what we are trying to do. one thing i have learnt over the past 3 years being in Mizoram is that, we really need to come up with guidelines and rules about the media- ethical procedure because they tend to print/say/broadcast news which are not completely reliable and half-truths. i was busy the whole day reading and getting perspective from what different newspapers wrote. but at the end of the day, me and my close friends and colleagues think its best to keep quiet. [in the moment of my weakness, You give me grace to do Your will].
i stayed late at work with my friends Anne and Valerie cause we had some unfinished work, then we decided to go out for dinner just to unwind ourselves. then we felt kinda bad for Valerie's husband- Andy who joined us for dinner. we had food at regency hotel but the food wasn't particularly good but the company was.. also the unexpected phone call that evening made it more spectacular. after dinner, we went to Valerie's place and had some lemon-tea and I got her previously-owned jeans which didn't fit her anymore (due to weight gain or expanding horizontally). i guess i'm a teeny-weeny bit smaller than her  :)

My friends- Valerie, Anne and me  (L-R)


10th Jan, 2013: My mom told me as soon as i got up that the CM and the Parliamentary Secretary are completely 'for' our project and will plan to go ahead as long as it benefits the people of Mizoram... hooray.. such good news to start my day with [i trust in Him]. got to the office and everyone was excited about it. i was in a very good and exhilarated mood the whole day. we got an unexpected visitor at the office who really thought that our project was a brave and innovative move which will change the whole scene of the state of Mizoram. This,coming this from a very senior and experienced person from the Power sector was such an encouragement for me and my colleagues. Got home early and i brace myself for the cold weather which is getting worse for Aizawl. i played around a bit with my 2 nephews and niece but they got tired early and went to sleep by 8:00 pm after we sang to 'girl on fire' by alicia keys (beat that, this will become their new favourite song after 'beauty and a beat' by bieber)

My Nephews and Niece


11th Jan, 2013: it was Missionary Day and the roads and the city were a bit quieter than other days. got to work and worked on the points that we need to submit about the scenario of the Power sector in Mizoram to make the public aware.
our friend Annie treated us for lunch at Cosy Den, Khatla, which is this quaint and nifty place with a decent menu with a good price. all old Mary Mount school friends like Valerie, Angela, Ellie and Mary were there and we chatted and ate like pigs. it is always fun when we are together cause we can trace back to 15 years and talk about our crazy stories.
THEN I DROPPED MY NEW PHONE IN THE LOO when we got back to the office. i was sad cause it was new, but took out the battery and kept it under the sun and i was also advised to keep in rice, that i did after i got home. i haven't touched it yet so i hope it works.

12th Jan, 2013 (1:03 am): My blog is called "writings before midnight" cause i don't usually stay up late. i am an early bird who can't even keep eyes open until 10:30 at night.. i rarely stay up until midnight, unless there is a really great and exciting reason behind it :)
i am listening to an old Hillsong United album called "United We Stand".. it is such a great album, it just renews my soul and quench my thirst every time i listen to it. do try listening to it.

Peace and God Bless.

Signing out,

Priscilla



10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I forgive you for not dropping by before I left :-) congrats! Proud of you. Though im a lil J that you get to eat at all good places, without me! :-/ screw the media! You and I both know so well how truth prevails. God has never let us down, keep trusting Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mims, I was gonna call you but was so caught up with so many things and by the time I realize, you had already left Aizawl! But like you said God prevails and I trust in that...so I know our project will make a huge difference for our people. (Read news from 9th and 10th)

      Delete
  3. Hey hey, of all the other things, hows your phone doing now? :P

    Btw, i background image hi i blog chhiar a ti hahthlak trep trep in ka hria. Anyways, nice blog, keep 'em coming! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey aunty told me about the privatization fight. i ddint know it was your company, but still i supported it. Now dat i know, im gonna support even harder and pray that u kip urself strong :)
    keep going, always proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo- a: duly noted. im new at this thing, so ill try to remove the background pic. my phone is actually doing well, rice worked. :D it is quite my lifelife and was scared it will be konked off completely. it stood through pee and water ...lol
    Dik: yes please support us, i will explain you details later

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so you're the one the YMA is up in arms against huh? Nice, you're a celebrity!!! :D

    I guess that must have been one helluva hectic week. And heyyy I know your friend Anne. As in she used to blog too a long time ago, not anymore though.

    i phone toilet a i thlauh vang lek a lo ni maw, sms uih deuh deuh mi rawn thawn a? *badumtssss* :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. of course my man, i am a celebrity..big time.. jk.
    on a serious note, the YMA is not really against us. it is just that they are being conscious, but the media wrote something which the YMA didn't state on the day of the hearing and I was a bit confused.
    yes Anne. she said she knows you from being copy writers.
    my phone is awesome and types amazing messages. ;)

    ReplyDelete